Poll: Are you a stay at home mom (or dad)?

Today's poll asks: Are you a stay at home mom (or dad)? Post your answer below.

Feel free to post feedback about this poll in the feedback forum below.

I have been one for five years in July (I resigned full time "work" just before the birth of my first son) and I never regret it, no matter how "crazy" things may get! I have two little boys, so to go back to work it would never be lucrative due to childcare and buying/upkeep on a second car. I take online classes to finish my degree, but I love being a fulltime part of their lives at this most critical time. We never buy cookies/treats, but make them at home: healthier and quite a mess! We also rarely eat out, but sit down for dinner every night. These are things that I feel are important for security in a child, and strengthens bonds for a lifetime.

I guess I could be considered a stay at home mom...I closed my store and raised the kids, then 'retired' to the country due to my husband's environmental illnesses. Here I decided to re open the business. I work from home and my children, all teens are home schooled. (eldest heading to college in Fall)

I will never regret taking the time off to raise and home school my kids. I get compliments on them all the time. They are GOOD kids. :)

I have been a stay at home Mom since our youngest was 4 and am not happy doing it! Don't get me wrong I love my kids ( three of them) but I loved working. I (in the mean time) have suffered a dibilitating disease that doesn't allow me to do much of anything (including playing with the kids). I have degenerative disc disease in 4 discs and 3 disks that are gone. I also have arthritis is my knees and back....which cause me to swell in both areas and make movement impossible sometimes. I also have osteoperosis, which is just making me shorter. I am always on pills that exclude me from driving (Morphine, percocet, valuim, etc...) so I can't even go anywhere anymore. I am almost done with my AA degree (my school has allowed me to do all of my classes online and some teachers have even stopped by to pick up homework). I hope I can continue to get my BA, just so I can say I have done something. I know my kids love me with all of their hearts, but I wish I could be the parent I want to be. The one I used to be. The one that played baseball, and did gymnastics with the girls. This is not a poor-poor-pitiful me post...it is a "I want to be better" post. One good thing that has come of this is my kids have more respect for the disabled. (which is great) The bad thing is they miss their "real mom"...the old fun, crazy, zany mom that was a blast to be with. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL!!!!! I do a ton of arts and crafts with the kids and on good days play "walking touch football" (no running allowed because they would stomp me!!!! (Normally they do anyway) Dad does play with them alot, doing the things I can't but is also working double shifts so we can make ends meet and is exhausted most of the time. My father (the kids' grandfather) also takes them on a bike ride each weekday for two miles. I just wish it were me doing those things! Like I said...IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO THAT SOME ONE SLOW AND IN PAIN CAN DO WITH THEM, I AM OPEN TO ADVICE! I also have taught all of them how to cook and bake. (They are 9(girl) 10 (girl) and 14(boy) ) Thank you to all that offer tips. Please email me @ marstonmd (at) hotmail.com because I haven't figured my way around this site yet! Thanks again-Misty