Storing Mushrooms

How do you store mushrooms?

Brown paper bags and replace if the bag becomes too moist.

I put mine in a brown paper bag in the refrigerator.

I keep mine in the container they come in. I just cut more holes in the top of the plastic so they dont get wet.

I bought a MUSHROOM KEEPER. It is a tera cotta container with lid. Holes in the lid, and the inside is glazed. Works great!!!

I have a food Dyhrdrator I use alot, For Mushrooms I start by cleaning them well, slice them for faster drying, layer them in the dyhrdrator, after a few hours they are nice and dry, I then run them thru my food grinder, after I put them into a Quart jar and keep them in a dark cool area, they last for months this way, add a spoonful to soups, I make my own cream of mushroom soups, and they add a great flavor to gravy as well, after they are dry and ground i noticed the flavor of the mushrooms are much stronger as well......

I have the green bags that prolong the shelf life of fruits & vegetables. I remove them from container, wipe any excess dirt from them w/a dry paper towel, then wrap them in dry paper towels & place them in the green bag & refrigerate. I have had success with these green bags in prolonging my produce.

I have the green bags that prolong the shelf life of fruits & vegetables. I remove them from container, wipe any excess dirt from them with a dry paper towel, then wrap them in dry paper towels & place them in the green bag & refrigerate. I have had success with these green bags in prolonging my produce.

I too use my dehydrator. They are a marvelous invention but I also freeze chopped up mushrooms for uses on pizzas and in chili. All that is done is to chop to the size I like to use; put them into medium sized freezer bags making certain to remove as much air as as possible to prevent any ice build up on them.

If the mushrooms should clump together, simply drop the bag on the floor and they separate within the bag just like peas do and viola. You can get as many or few as desired. Press out excess air from the bag and return to the freezer. Good luck.

For those of you who are going to put the mushrooms in a ziplock bag, take a simple soda straw, insert into the opening of the bag, zip the zipper as far as possible up to the straw. Suck the air out of the bag, keep sucking and pull the straw out quick and zip the bag the rest of the way. That gets the most air out. You can use this on anything you want to store in a baggie, but I wouldn't do liquid or you might suck some into your mouth.