FloorsCleaning

Cleaning Under a Gas Stove

I live in a mobile home which was previously occupied by both my brothers and their significant others. I don't know that they ever cleaned under or around the stove. I can understand maybe why (they didn't know how), it is a gas stove, I'm not sure about cleaning under it and around it. It definitely needs it. I guess I'm concerned with pulling a gas line and blowing up... any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch and have a wonderful day!

Mandy from Cuthbert, GA

There should be enough gas line to pull the stove out. There is also a knob to turn off the gas if you had to, but you shouldn't have to. Whoever installed your stove needed enough space to do the work, and often they give a little extra room for cleaning. If there were a gas leak you would hear a loud whistle.

good luck

Stacey

If they fried a lot of food, you may be looking at a build up of residue.

I live with a person who installs gas lines. Yes, as Stacey wrote, they can't install the line with the stove in place, so there has to be enough line to have the stove pulled out. My gas stove has a storage drawer in the bottom. I can pull that out to vacuum and clean under it. Are you lucky enough to also have a drawer?

There is enough gas line to pull it out , also many mobile home gas stoves are put into a tip-proof metal slot on the floor, if this is the case, you have to pull it out straight (no wiggling), or it won't budge. If it's been in place for a long time, you might need someone with some strength.