Use this recipe for red highlights in blonde or brown hair.
- 1/3 cup crushed marigold flowers
- 2 1/2 cups water
- optional: red wine
- Simmer flowers in water in a nonmetal pot for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; strain when cool; saving the liquid.
- After washing hair; apply the marigold decoction as a final rinse; pouring it over the hair and catching it in a basin to reapply several times. (Red wine may be added to the liquid to intensify the effect.)
- Allow hair to dry naturally in the sun; if possible.
- Repeat the rinsing process with subsequent shampoos until you achieve the desired shade.
By Ellen Brown
Note: Some recipes are not suitable for sensitive skin. Each person is different, so test on the inside arm or wrist for any possible allergic reactions before using these recipes.
By anne 58 76 09/03/2012
What color does the application of marigolds make your hair?
ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No