Marigold Hair Color
Use this recipe for red highlights in blonde or brown hair.
- 1/3 cup crushed marigold flowers
- 2 1/2 cups water
- optional: red wine
- Simmer flowers in water in a nonmetal pot for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; strain when cool; saving the liquid.
- After washing hair; apply the marigold decoction as a final rinse; pouring it over the hair and catching it in a basin to reapply several times. (Red wine may be added to the liquid to intensify the effect.)
- Allow hair to dry naturally in the sun; if possible.
- Repeat the rinsing process with subsequent shampoos until you achieve the desired shade.
By Ellen Brown
Note: Some recipes are not suitable for sensitive skin. Each person is different, so test on the inside arm or wrist for any possible allergic reactions before using these recipes.
September 3, 20120 found this helpful
What color does the application of marigolds make your hair?
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on September 22, 2016 at 6:13:13 AM on 10.0.2.214 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us