Use Magnets To Keep Recipes Out Of The Way

This isn't a recipe, but it's a great idea for when you use one. I find that hauling out my cook books, which are all loose leaf and in binders, isn't practical in a small kitchen.

A friend who works at Boeing gave me some heavy duty magnets. You can probably find them in hardware stores. I found that if you pull out your recipe and put a magnet on the back and the front of your cupboard doors, it will most likely stick together and hang your sheet up out of the way. This keeps it at eye level, and away from splatters. If you have calendar art or kids art that you want to get off the fridge, this works, too.

By Sandra from Salem OR

I too have a tiny kitchen with hardwood cabinets. I never considered using magnets -- I just use a piece of scotch tape. When I'm done I fold the tape down over the reverse side and put the recipe away. Very simple.

This is a great idea. You would need really strong magnets. You can also buy the paint that will hold magnets and paint the inside of your cabinet door with it.

Great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us.

My frig is close to my stove so I just hang my recipe up on the frig with frig magnets and I'm just a couple steps away from the recipe while cooking.

Photos FoodSeptember 4, 2008
brown cow magnet
Making Vintage Fridgie Diet Reminder Magnets
Advertising Magnets
Uses for Advertising Magnets
Making Flower Magnets for Your Locker
Making Flower Magnets for Your Locker
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds