Craft Tip: Homemade Chipboard

I use magazine inserts to give some of my craft projects stability

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

• paper
  • magazine inserts
  • Letter cutouts
  • glue
  • permanent marker
  • scissors

Instructions:

I am on a tight budget. I have some 4 inch letters that I have cutout for making my greeting cards. But I found the paper was strong enough, so I decided to add some stability to my cutouts and letters by using magazine inserts. Here is how I do it.

First I select a the paper that I want to use. I glue the magazine insert to the back of the paper. Wait about 10 minutes for the paper to dry.

Next, trace your cutout or letter in permanent black marker(or a marker that you can see). Now you are ready to cut out the shape.

This method is not as strong as chipboard, but it does give your project a little more stability and you can also use glue pads to give your project some extra added dimension.

By Georgetta from Waterloo, IA

I have been doing this for years, except I prefer to use cereal boxes because they are stronger. If necessary I even use two layers.

Thanks for other uses.With my G.children,I give them;a hole punch,yarn and a plastic needle and they use their imagination.

You can also use the back cardboard from writing tablets, old dead filing folders, and any boxes that had granola bars, sweetener packets, etc.

Crafts Made With Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Photos CraftsSeptember 29, 2008
A tip on a table in a restaurant.
Calculating Tips at Restaurants
The back of a red hybrid car.
Environmentally Friendly Driving Tips
"Affect" vs "Effect"
Grammar Tip: "Affect" vs "Effect"
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
🎉
🎄