Blush Brush For Cleaning Your Sewing Machine

This tip pertains to cleaning your sewing machine. Remember those horrible stiff brushes that come with your machine when you buy it. Well as far as I'm concerned, you can set them aside. I discovered quite by accident that one of those soft blush brushes does the trick much better. It gets the lint out of your bobbin area beautifully. It also works on a serger, in all those nooks and crannies! Let me know what you think. I'd be curious as to how many convert over to my way of thinking. LOL!

By Judy from Birmingham, AL

I've been doing this since I bought my first sewing machine back in '71! It works much better than anything else I've tried.

I find that using a brush just pushes the dust and fibers around without getting rid of it entirely so I just use my vacuum cleaner and with my fingers covering the end a little (to stop anything being sucked up accidentally) I vacuum the dust away completely. It works fantastically on my overlocker which is difficult to clean with any kind of brush without leaving lint everywhere.

I use a long handled art brush with a flat tip. I spray a little endust on it and it comes out clean as a whistle.

Seamstress Threading Sewing Machine
Cleaning and Maintaining Your Sewing Machine
Crafts SewingNovember 9, 2006
Wooden hairbrush on a black background.
Cleaning Hairbrushes
Homemade Blush
Homemade Blush
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet