WallpaperHome Improvement

How Do You Wallpaper?

I need suggestions on how to wallpaper. I have no pattern to match, I just need to line up seams? Thanks.

Debbie from Gibsonville, NC

The best advice I can give you is not to over-roll the seams. People tend to over-roll them and they push the adhesive right out, leading to curling at the seams later. Also "book" your paper. After dipping it in water, fold the wet sides together, roll up loosely and place in a plastic garbage bag for 5 minutes. It will do it's expanding in that nice moist environment and not change size on the wall. Also, I find trimming much neater to do when the paper is dry, not wet. Break the blade often. Don't use a worn bade or you will get a worn look on the edges.

You just need to line up seams and ppatern. Have you considered a sutle textured finish to the walls as an alternative to wallpaper. A good product is Vertistone that you do in two steps, roll out a base coat like paint then you do a 2nd coat with a faux roller, and it looks like a high end venitian plaster. Save $$$ Do it yourself.