My Frugal Life - Comfortable and Frugal

I grew up with frugal parents who did well by watching how they spent their money but saved for luxury items. We were taught to be careful with our money and to watch the cost of utilities. When Frank and I got married, we lived on military wages which were minimal. We were 18 years old and lived on $125 a month. Our rent alone was $55.

In a year, we had our son and it was a joy to to be frugal just to have him. I home baked and cooked like I had grown up feeding farm crews. I watched the the sales on everything and still do. I like quality and also keep new and old material, buttons and zippers and a variety of items. I sew and do lots of handicrafts. This is something that makes me happy and if I get a homemade gift or a gift from from my family it always makes me happy.

Bev from Chilliwack

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeAugust 25, 2006
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Red Hatter
Red Hat Society Club Ideas
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🎉
🎄