Party ThemesParties

Indoor Hawaiian Luau Party

My daughter will be turning 11 on June 18th and we are thinking of getting a room at the Holiday Inn and having a few friends stay. We were thinking of having a luau theme. I need some ideas for activities, music, etc..

By tess255 from concordia, ks

Answers

As a Dollar Tree frequenter, I just saw last week lots of luau party items. Leis, grass skirts, tops for hula girls, cups, plates, etc. I figure that you might be able to find or download a copy of the Elvis "Rock A Hula" and have a hula contest or just have all the girls do the hula. You could also do the limbo very simply but having the limbo song would make it extremely fun too. You could have two of the girls or adults hold the pole and have them keep going under it "lower and lower". I remember doing this when doing the limbo was very "vogue". Actually doing the hula and playing limbo would possibly be something that none of the guests have ever done.

Hope this helps and that your child has a great birthday!