Algae In My Pool

I am looking for home remedies for removing algae from swimming pools. Also, what is blue stone?

By rose bud from Findlay, OH

On The Fine Living Channel there's a show called "I want That!" & they showed a solar pool cleaner... it floats around in your pool & uses the solar radiation to run a battery that does something to clean the algae, etc. You're supposed to need far less chlorine. Go to the Fine Living Channel & research the show's info or Google "Solar Pool Cleaners" The one I saw sold for around $75 bucks. Not bad if you use less chemicals!

It is hard to clean, use plain old household bleach, try added a pint of bleach to pool water everyday to keep it from happen a gain. To get rid of the algae what there now, drain the pool, and spray with pure bleach. let it dry then repeat, if you scrub the put do so, you can add a little comet to the spot also. I had this in my pool last year, and it really took me along time to get that stuff out. This year i just put a pint of bleach in the pool, and I did not have any algae this year.

Green Algae, amongst the other forms of algae is mostly stimulated by the acid water state of your swimming pool. However, there are solutions which do not require you putting chemicals in the water, hence also reducing the impact those have on your health. you can do this by changing the constitution of the water, from acidic to alkaline, using a water ionizer such as the one at: http://www.swimmingpoolhealth.com for example. This will result in less costs, less maintenance, and a healthier swimming environment you can actually enjoy!