LaundryCleaning

Washing White Tablecloths

I bought 30 white tablecloths for my daughter's wedding. Now that the event is over, I would like to store the tablecloths for later (she has a twin sister). The tablecloths have some barbeque sauce stains and stains from red candles. How can I remove these stains?

Vickie from Ok.

Fill your washer up with hot water and I think I'd probably use a whole thing of oxy clean and let them soak a day or maybe more. The candle wax will probably require the method of a warm iron with a brown paper bag to soak up most of the wax before laundering.I believe that will probably work but if not soak them for a day or so in Cascade dishwashing powder and clorox 2 powder.JUST CURIOUS--what in the WORLD are you gonna do with 30 white tablecloths?? I believe I'd get them good and clean and sell them to some Caterer and get some of my money back. I'm sure that must have been a HUGE expense.Hope I've been SOME help.

Thanks for the information! As far as buying the tablecloths...... I checked into renting tablecloths, and found it would cost $5 a tablecloth. Then I ran across some commercial quality white tablecloths at Sam's, for $5.50 each (they were in a package of 3 for apr. $17) Because I have another daughter, and I also had 2 friends who had daughters getting married within the next month, I figured I would spend the extra and just buy them. It wasn't that much more to buy them than to rent them. I'll probably get rid of them after the last child is married!

Peroxide works GREAT on white material, I use it all the time, pre-soak the spots with it and then just wash aa usual.

If you are a quilter you could back some quilts with them. That way the quilt has special memories. I second the peroxide. Good luck