Quilted Album Cover

In less than two hours you can make a really cute album cover.

Approximate Time: 2 hours

• paper to make a pattern
  • binder for pictures
  • quilted material
  • assorted "enhancements"
  • album pages

Instructions:

1. Make a pattern with any paper for the entire length and width of the finished cover for your album. Cut two.
  2. Put one copy of the pattern aside. This is the inside of the cover. The second copy will be cut in three parts. (See pic 1) Cut to fit front and back of the outside of the album only. The two remaining (equal size) smaller pieces are used for the inside of the cover.
  3. All "enhancement" is done before the three front pieces are sewn together. Add your lace silk flowers or any decorations for the theme of your album.
  4. Sew the three pieces together. They should look like pic 1.
  5. Lay the two rectangles of printed material together and sew. (See pic 2.) Hem the short sides for a finished look.
  6. Turn inside out and you have a book cover (See pic 3.)
  7. When you close the album, it should resemble the final photo below.
  8. The picture frame on the cover is just a piece of stiff paper, a little stuffing, covered with contrasting material. (You will have to clip the overlapping material on the back of the stiff paper to get an unwrinkled front). Glue clipped material to the stiff paper. Glue lace to stiff paper and glue three sides to the cover. Slip picture in from the top unglued opening.

This cover is as versatile as your material choices. I hope you enjoy making these and giving them as gifts.

By Tedebear from San Jose, CA

You can also make these into great wedding/shower gifts too. Use a sateen type material and place the couples photo on the cover. With your imagination it can be awesome.

I have always wanted to know how to make these. thank you so much for posting this and the directions. I hope to find time one day to make a few. may be a Christmas gift ?hmmm.....

Thank you for reminding me of those. I used to make

those for gifts and had quite of few that I had to

make for people. I never made one for me. I think I will

do one for me this fall.

I had one of these given to us as a wedding gift. All our photos of our wedding and cards are in it. Scraps of wrapping paper from our gifts and sentimental notations. Just love it. After 20 years, it's still holding up well and is the easiest one to find amongst all our albums.

Never knew how to make one, but I will give it a try and use for another's special day. Thank you for sharing.

Quilted Photo Album Cover
Making a Quilted Photo Album Cover
Crafts SewingJune 30, 2008
Homemade table runner.
Making a Quilted Table Runner
Making a Record Album Clock
Making a Record Album Clock
quilted coaster
Making Quilted Coasters
Record Album Cover  Bag
Making a Record Album Cover Purse
🎉
🎄