Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

30th Birthday Party Ideas

My husband is turning 30 in a few months and I would like to throw him a party. He is into guns and computers, any creative ideas?

By Pup

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: 30th Birthday Party

My husbands 30th Birthday is coming up and I have no ideas what to do for him. He is military. He usually doesn't want a big deal made of his Birthday except for this one. He wants a big deal made of his 30th Birthday I need ideas and help. Anyone with any suggestions please help me.

Rebecca

RE: 30th Birthday party

Have a parade! A silly fun parade!...

We did this for my boyfriend's 30th birthday and it was a little chaotic, but hilarious and memorable.

To make a parade: get a bunch of your most extroverted friends to dress up in costumes (any kind of costume!) and get some other friends to decorate their cars. You'll also need a loudspeaker to play happy parade music and maybe even a megaphone or two. Your husband can sit in the main "float" (truck) and wave. People in costumes on roller-skates are good, too. The more creative goofy friends you have, the better.

Map out a good route for the birthday parade - neighborhoods with lots of kids are great, or also college areas.

When we did this the city wouldn't give us an official parade permit but said it was fine to have a caravan of slow-moving vehicles as long as everyone drove carefully.

So there's one idea... (02/09/2005)

By Repciak

RE: 30th Birthday party

My husband turned 30 this past year. For his birthday I got all of our friends together. Played his favorite music, ate his favorite foods, and drank his favorite drink (beer in our case). I organized a large poker game. We used nickels, dimes, and pennies (spare change) and we played all night long. Laughed and joked and just down right had a great time.

The point being, think of your husband's favorites and give him all of those in mass quantity. He'll love it!

Good Luck! (02/09/2005)

By Wendy

RE: 30th Birthday party

My husband doesn't care for parties either, especially receiving gifts that he doesn't need. So, I had a surprise party for his 30th. For gifts I had everyone bring him something that he could always use. We received a lot of socks and toilet paper, but you could request other things like shaving cream, razor blades, favorite pop or snack, etc. The guests had a lot of fun watching him open his gifts and he still has a ton of socks. I don't have to buy any for awhile yet. Good luck! (02/09/2005)

By Kari Falnes

Archive: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

My husband is turning 30. I have never thrown him a party before, I want to throw him a big party. He loves country music and we live in the country, but not sure what to do. I know we will have lots of beer and music, but not sure what other cool things I can arrange for us to do. Any advice?

Jean from CA

RE: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

I love the "bring stuff he'll use" theme! For decorations, you could do a real 'country' theme. Go get a few bails of hay, some corn stocks, carve out a few big pumpkins to put the bowls of chips and dip in. Don't get fancy, just do food he likes and have a bunch of zip lock bags for people to take home left overs or make things you can freeze and eat later. For fun, set up horse shoes, pin the tail on my husband (darts against a picture of him - he'll laugh). Go find a bunch of jokes on-line and print them out on paper (2 or 4 to a page) and then hang them all around on bright colored paper. People will read them, laugh and tell their own jokes and tell funny stories about jokes. It's a great conversation starter. (09/21/2006)

By CarlaJS

RE: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

Tell your husband that turning thirty is nothing more then 3 perfect 10's! From one who is "half a century old plus one and daring someone to mess with 'em!" HA! (09/21/2006)

By Paula Jo Carr

RE: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

I had a CUTE picture of my hubby blown up to poster size to embarrass him. I had his favorite rock station DJ. (09/21/2006)

By edieparks

Archive: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

I want to throw my husband a 30th birthday party. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
LASHEKA from TEXAS

RE: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

I had my husband's 30th birthday party last month at a place called Fun Expedition. It has laser tag, go carts, bumper cars, mini bowling, putt putt, and arcade games all under one roof. We had about 25 guests and for $15 each they all got to eat and play for a couple hours. It ended up costing about $400 because I didn't want the guests to have to pay, but my parents told me beforehand they were willing to split the bill with me and it was really fun for me just to see everybody having a great time. Almost everyone said it was the most fun they'd had in a long time. So it wasn't a thrifty party, but it was definitely worth the $200 out of pocket cost to me. We all had a blast acting like kids for an evening. http://www.funexpedition.com/ (01/02/2007)

By Allison

RE: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

How about having a Monte Carlo party. Rent craps, roulette, Black Jack, TExas Holdem tables and get friends to serve as dealers. You can get "Las Vegas" decorations from the local party store. (01/04/2007)

By Kay

Archive: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

My wife is turning 30 in june and I have no idea what to do for it. I thought about having a party at our house, but that is just blah. Any ideas would be helpful. She loves the ocean and looking for something that all her friends and family can be a part of.

Drew

RE: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

How about a beach party/bonfire if you live near a coast. Or a party on a party boat. Depends on your budget, too. (02/15/2007)

By Linda

To Drew: have a party at the home or a restaurant with and "ocean/fish" theme and surprise your wife with a cruise!!!! (07/11/2007)

By KimberlyG

Archive: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

It is nearing that time of year where I will be 30. (August 21st) I am hearing from a lot of people that it is normal to have that BIG birthday bash for this 30th year!

Archive: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

My boyfriend is turning 30 in September. I have no idea what to do. He isn't really into parties so that makes it even harder. It would just be a few friends and family.

Archive: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

My son will be turning 30 in March. He lives in Chicago with his girlfriend and is a chef. They will be visiting us in Florida for his birthday. I want to do something really special at home with family. Any suggestions?

By Kathi from Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Archive: 30th Birthday Party Ideas

My wife is turning 30 this February and I would love to plan a party for her. She is a mother of two, works as a RN and enjoys life and me, most of the time.