Pencil Jar As Gift

Here is a cute idea I made for my children's teachers. This can be used as a vase for fresh cut flowers (or even an artificial bouquet) or even as a pencil/pen container.

I found some straight sided glass jars as the thrift store for 15 cents each. I bought (2) 24 ct. packages of the 97 cent papermate wooden pencils at Wal-mart and hot glued them all around the jar. Then I attached a ribbon and bow (again with hot glue) and some miniature tree teacher/school ornaments (bought at Hobby Lobby during the 50% off sale) and voila! Pretty gifts for the teachers at around $5 each!

You could use a different ribbon and decorations and it would also be nice for co-workers in an office setting!

By Renee from Dickinson, TX

I have been looking for a Christmas gift for my son's teacher. This is perfect. Thank you!

Yes, it's a cute idea, but my husband the teacher would rather have pencils he could use! YOu have no idea how much of their own $ is spent providing supplies for their class room. Ifyou want to be really thoughtful - pair this with a gift card at an office supply store!

Adorable! I just saw it & went directly out & bought pencils! Will try it tomorrow & I'm sure it's going to be adorable! Thanks for posting at pic too--it wouldn't have interested me at all without the great picture!

Love it!! Our problem is that I didn't read my email about it until after Christmas break came and all teachers are home resting. Without finances and inspiration, we just gave Christmas cards with personal notes inside, setting them inside their office mail slots. We were one of the few who did a n y t h i n g, so this idea is worth remembering for other occasions and folks. Pencils go on sale for even cheaper and more often here. I'd love to try to find just the right plant or flower for this idea. God bless you. : )

This will be a perfect present for a party I'm going to tomorrow but I don't know how to make it so please at least start writing instructions with the craft.

Thanks.

How creatively cute this idea is! I love it so much I shared it with another tip group, did not think you would mind, I figured there are many deserving teachers out there.