Using Coconut Oil as a Moisturizer

Has anyone ever used organic virgin coconut oil on their face as a moisturizer? If so, which brand has worked for you? What about cleansing your face, what has worked for you? Thanks for the advance tips!

Godiva from San Antonio, TX

HI, yes I have used organic coconut oil as a facial moisturizer (body also). it was not greasy and seems to absorb easily. I need to buy some more.I used the whole food store band. I think any organic coconut oil will do fine.

I have discovered a fantastic facial scrub by Liiv Botanicals. It utilizes an extremely fine exfoliator and leaves your skin feeling amazing. Their moisturizer is great too. Go to: ... _id=476&dept_id=&pf_id=35209

You can get free shipping with this code REPFLYER

Use equal amounts of olive oil and lemon juice your face will be perfect everyday-use at night.

A few years ago, I had a paratoid tumor removed from in front of my right ear. I had quite a large incision.

On a forum site (for paratoid tumor patients) using extra virgin coconut oil was mentioned - to help keep the skin smooth, and minimize scarring.

It worked for me. I bought mine at a health food store.

Extra virgin organic coconut oil is the best skin moisturizer on the planet! All pure, nothing petroleum in it as many other moisturizers have.

ALSO, extra virgin coconut oil is one of the healthiest fats for our diets. Use it to cook with instead of olive oil as high heat will not affect it as it does olive oil. I also consume 3 tablespoons of it daily, AM, mid-day and PM. It will warm the body and helps keep the thyroid in good health.

A jar of organic coconut oil goes a long way.:

3 heaping tablespoons coconut oil

1/4 cup organic safflower oil (another great one, it's a "dry" oil and is 30% vitamin E)

tablespoon of shaved beeswax or paraffin.

10-20 drops of essential oil or tee tree oil (optional)

Melt this in the microwave on high for 30 seconds or until the wax is melted. Stir in essential oil if you are using it and pour it into a clean jar. Add 3 gel caps of vitamin E for very dry skin.

You can adjust the stiffness by putting in more beeswax, or melting again and adding more coconut oil or safflower oil

Great night moisturizer, dry skin cream, works on diaper rash too.

Hi, We moved to the dry valley of Arizona a year ago. I was using a good moisturizer from the health food store and still felt like my face was going to "crack" from the dryness. I decided to use Organic Coconut Oil by Spectrum. I use a small amount on my face, tissue off any I feel won't be absorbed, apply my Bare Minerals make-up and I'm good to go. I thought perhaps my face would be extra oily, but its not. My face feels "New York" normal again. This is the same oil I cook with, put in my smoothies, and also give to the dog as a supplement. I am very happy I am using it for so many uses.

Uses for Coconut Oil
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care MoisturizerFebruary 12, 2009
Coconut Oil
Buying Coconut Oil
Bottle of olive oil with olive branch in the foreground.
Using Olive Oil as a Moisturizer
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Cooking With Coconut Oil