What to Give Girls at Spiderman Theme Party

What do you give girls in a spider man themed party, since there is no spider woman?

Kim from Brooklyn, NY

Spider shaped jewelry, stuffed spiders,Spiderman comic books, super heroine capes(could work for both boys and girls) A cape can be made from Spiderman themed fabric, or just plain red or blue fabric. A rectangle, hemmed on 2 sides, using the selvedge as the other 2, with bias tape ties, or an elastic casing with elastic loose enough to go over the child's head on one of the hemmed edges. Half a yard of fabric would make a cape for a small child. Hope this helps.

Actually, there is a Spiderwoman character in the old comic books and I remember a Saturday morning cartoon in the 80's. I don't know how easy it would be to find inexpensive goody bag items like this though.

I'm assuming that this is a party for younger children, early grade school. I have a second grader and a pre-k, both boys and I always give the girls the same favors as the boys and they always seem to like them. There are some girls that don't like girly stuff and there are some girls that are super-girly so I wouldn't worry too much about it. You could look for some Mary Jane (Spiderman's girlfriend) items, or try to choose more unisex items for all.

Have a great party.

Jess

P.S. Spiderwoman's name was Jessica (probably why I remember it after all these years)

I don't know if this will help, but here's a video from youtube showing Superman and Spider Woman together:

http://www.yout … ch?v=f5Pjo0WjBcs

Silly string for making "webs" is a big hit with my boys. I bet girls would enjoy this too. They even sell a web slinger to wear around your wrist and load a can of silly string. Then you can spray just like spiderman! Hopefully it will be warm enough to do this outside! LOL!

At my son's Spiderman party, I gave all the kids (boys and girls) silly string (which was a big hit!) and stickers. The boys got Spiderman stickers, the girls got princess stickers. Who says it all has to co-ordinate?