Easy Refrigerator Slide Shelves

Make a slide in/out shelf in your fridge by using 1-2 cookie sheets. On these place your bottles, jars, etc. Gives you easy access because they slide in and out.

By Ms Butterfly770 from Oak Creek, Wisconsin

Hi Ms. Butterfly! That is a really good idea, but you know where I am going to do it? One of my kitchen cabinets where I keep canned goods and other food is very low down and very very deep. It is really hard to reach back there for the items in the back. I have put some things in those little dime-store plastic baskets but lining up all the cans on the cookie sheet would be a great idea! I could then just slide it out to see what I need and slide it back in. Thanks so much!

Your idea sounds great but I read long time ago that it is better not to put something solid on the shelves as air circulating is preferable to blocking the air. Also wouldn't it be quite heavy to slide bottles & jars on a cookie sheet? Maybe I'm not as strong as others but I would think that everything would either fall or move all over the place.

I use dollar store cat litter pans for my pseudo "rolling shelves". The sides are taller than cookie sheets and prevent things from falling off or getting crowded off. I use them in my base cabinets too but they really work GREAT in my refrigerator. I have two, side by side, on my lowest shelf which is directly above my vegetable crisper drawers. I no longer have the nasty, green, furry surprises that used to get shoved to the lower back corners of my fridg and forgotten. The pans fit perfectly, with no wasted space. It is so much easier to just slide out the pan and choose what I need and then slide the whole thing back in. There is none of that "unpacking" the whole shelf to get to what I need. My back and knees cannot handle the prolonged bending/kneeling. The shelves in my refrigerator are solid glass so the air circulation theory doesn't apply in my case. I have used this method for at least a year, probably longer, and have had no problems with things staying cold anywhere in the fridg.

For those deep cabinet shelves where you can't see or find anything...

---> Go to an auto supply store & buy new (steel) oil drip pans (for changing your oil) These look just like cookie sheets but are much larger... They're usually cheep & I bet you can find all kinds of uses for them!

* If they are galvanized, they won't rust, if not, be careful to keep them dry, or just prime them with a can of spray metal primer to stop any rust from happening.

Put them on the bottom of your cabnet shelves & just slide out your stuff from the back....

* You can also buy a L.E.D. keychain light at the dollar store & just hang it on a cup hook in your cabnets. A great help for dark areas!

An open refrigerator.
Organizing Your Refrigerator
Food and Recipes StorageJanuary 11, 2007
Man putting in Corner Shelves
Building Corner Shelves
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Making Wooden Locker Shelves
Making Wooden Locker Shelves
🎉
🎄