Thrifty Shower Curtain Repair

We have two brother cats, and for some reason, they gleefully enjoyed shredding our admittedly cheap plastic/vinyl shower curtains. They'd jump on them with their claws out and slide down, fun to watch until you need to bathe and keep water off the floor.

Shortly before I solved the problem - by wrapping the curtain over the bar like a bunting as soon as each bath was over - I noted a few small rips in the Dollar Tree one we had up. For some reason, I opened our medical supply drawer - and my fingers found surgical tape from last year's adventures in medicine. With nothing else to lose - and no spare curtains - I patched the tears with strips of surgical tape.

And it worked ! Our current curtain's been up a record four weeks, and the tape is holding up well. Regular packing tape peeled off within a week from the moisture, but this repair is holding. Surgical tape is available pretty much wherever gauze and bandages are sold.

By Dorrie from Norman OK

Well I don't have much to add except that it was a good idea and that was absolutely the best laugh I've had in a while. It sounds like my house!!!

That is so funny. My cats just go up to the shower curtain and chew the edges of the curtain until there's nothing left of the corner, and then they rip a hole to get a new corner. The bad thing is that the cat will also eat plastic bags when the are left out or siting on the floor with food still in the from the grocery store that was yet to be put away try putting something that was a bad smell in the curtain to keep that cats away, and that let them get use to it and that wash is a see if they will stay off of it. Good luck, cat lover 1

I have one word for you: Brilliant!

Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousJanuary 18, 2009
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎄
🍂