Craft Uses for Old Belts

Chair

I was in a local second hand store and saw an awesome wood framed chair; they removed the old caning that formed the seat and weaved old belts onto the seat frame for a new seat. All the belt buckles were on the bottom so all you saw was the leather part of the belt. It really looked nice and it was very sturdy.

By Marn

Shoulder Straps for Purses

I've used them to make shoulder straps or purse handles for handmade bags. I also made one into a collar for my dog when his turned up missing.

By LadyLeonesse

Western Artwork

Find or make some flat wood picture frames and then cover them with cut-up belts that you have mitered the edges on. It makes for a nice western look frame.

By Kendy

Macramé

Borrow a book on macrame crafts from your local library. That's where I found macrame belts using the leftover belt hardware. Great way to recycle, and makes a good project for Boy Scouts to use their knot tying skills. The naturally formed "loops" in macrame belts hold carabiniere, flashlights, knives in knife-cases, compasses, etc.

By gidget

Post your ideas...

Chair Seat Made From Belts

Answers