Health Benefits of Oregano Oil

Does anyone take oil of oregano? What are the benefits?

By Carol

Best Answer

I take virgin olive oil on toast & on food,here's what's on line:

What are the Benefits of Oil of Oregano?

The ancient Greeks were one of the first people to recognize oregano oil for its health benefits and medicinal qualities. It is known to be a potent antiviral, antibacterial, anti fungal, and anti parasitic oil that can reduce pain and inflammation and effectively fight off infections.

Some of the specific benefits of Oil of Oregano are:

Destroying organisms that contribute to skin infections and digestive problems. Strengthening the immune system.

Increasing joint and muscle flexibility. Improving respiratory health. Good luck.

Best Answer

Hi! I have been using North American Herb Spice Oreganol P73 for over a year now. I believe it is helpful for colds and throat/sinus infections. Claims are made that it is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-viral. It can be used topically, put under the tongue, or into a small amount of liquid. I only use this brand, as I trust it to be free from impurities. I prefer a few drops under the tongue. Start slowly! It is strong and can cause a burning sensation. The oil is also sold in a double strength formula that is just too strong for me. You can read about oregano in "The Cure Is in the Cupboard: How to Use Oregano for Better Health" by Cass Ingram (Paperback - Jun 30, 2008). There is a lot of anecdotal evidence about the benefits of oregano at Amazon's website under the user reviews for oregano. I will try to add the link. Finally, I find the best price for this is from www.iHerb.com. I have been very happy with their prices and service for some time now. I hope you will see good benefits from this oil! http://www.amaz  00355&sr=8-4

I take homemade sweet marjoram tea, which is great for digestion and sleep issues. I'm told it is very close to oregano.