Removing Labels From New Windows

We recently bought a house and the outside windows have the installation manufacturer's paper labels still glued to the glass. I found out from the neighbor that these labels have been on the windows for a least a year. I've tried Windex and Vaseline (what a mess) and they're not budging. I don't want to use a razor blade. What will remove the labels?

nancymaloney from Schertz, TX

I have used the product Goo Gone and it is wonderful for removing labels with Sticky tack. Good Luck!

Rubbing alcohol or lighter fluid work great.

If the windows are glass, a single edge razor blade would be easy to use.

Spray flyspray on the sticker. Sounds mad but my husband is a shopfitter and has done this for years. Works well. Should wipe off.

Rub plain old peanut butter on the labels. Let it set overnight and see how it is doing. May need another application if real stubborn. Works wonders for anything stuck on anything. I learned this from my 85 yr. old wise MIL

You can use WD-40 or GOO-B-GONE

Will be oily, so you will have to use hot water & soap to clean the window before you can wash it

I have used a product from the hardware store, Lowe's I think.It is called "Oops". It is in the paint section of the store where the paint removers are. I had used it to remove the registration sticker from my car windshield.

The people that clean new houses use razor blades for this along with Goo Gone or DeSolvIt. You can try using a scraper, like a Tupperware scraper you would use for pots and pans. The razor blade will not scratch the glass as long as it is wet. Good luck! Those stickers are a pain! They should be outlawed!

tRY HEATING THE LABELS UP WITH A HAIR DRYER. iT MELTS THE GLUE UNDERNEATH AND THEY WILL COME RIGHT OFF. THIS WORKS FOR ALMOST ANY KIND OF STICKY LABEL.

I USED HAIR CONDITIONER ON MY WINDOWS IN FLORIDA AFTER THE HURRICANES TO GET TAPE OFF, IT WORKED GREAT.

I have had the same problem and I used the peanut butter method. It worked fantastic!!

I've always used lighter fluid to remove kids stickers. Squirt, spray or rub it on so it soaks into the window sticker and then remove with a razor. Lighter fluid also works great to remove permanent marker on wooden floors or tables. A handy thing to have around for all sorts of gooey messes.

I clean new construction homes, the windows have paint, silicone, stickers and markers on them. I use "DAWN" dish soap, a 4" razor and a micro towel. Mix the dawn in some water, use a towel or well used green scatch pad, wet the window, razor (with the gliding side), from left to right then use the micro towel to dry the top and side. There you go cleanest windows on the block.

Removing Labels from New Windows
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsFebruary 24, 2006
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
🎉
🎄