A Section of Lights Are Out on Pre-lit Tree

Why are all the bulbs in one section of my pre-lit Christmas tree burnt out? We tried the bulbs in a working section and none of them lit up. We tried around 10 bulbs and not one of them light up. We looked at and replaced the fuses (2 times) in the bad section and they do not seem to be blown.

Best Answer

There may be a break in the wire on that section. Insert new bulbs. Maybe that is the problem. Make sure all the bulbs are firmly inserted.

Best Answer

You could go to the trouble of cutting out the dud section and rewiring the working sections together. It would obviously shorten the string of lights. Perhaps the manufacturer can help, since it's obviously faulty. But Christmas lights are not designed for a long life. I'd just add a string to cover up the duds.
Here's some advice from an expert:
www.familyhandyman.com/.../view-all

I had the same issue last year, and after trying several things, and having none of them work, I ended up removing the lights and stringing a new set of lights on the tree. The old lights were affixed with teeny tiny clips, many of which I used on the new light strand.

I left them on the tree for storage, and they were fine this year. The hardest part is taking off the old lights. I jokingly thought the people on the assembly line were paid by how many clips they used! Hope that helps!