Add Glitter To Clay Ornaments With Christmas Cards

I was making ornaments out of air-dry clay, and putting the date on them with markers, when I had an idea I thought I would try.

I took the ornament and pressed it onto an old Christmas Card that had glitter embellishments on it. To my delight, the clay did pick up the glitter from the card after I pressed it on there several times, it even picked up the shape of the snowflake.

I am letting it air dry now, and it will be a beautiful decoration for our tree!

The kind if clay I am using is Air-Dry Clay by Crayola. I bought a 2.5 lb tub about two years ago and there is still well over 3/4 left. This stuff lasts a very long time.

You can also use stamps to do the pictures on the clay ornaments.

After they dry, you can paint the part that is recessed by the stamps. They are so fun to make!

This is a blurry pic but here are some I just made from some old stamps that haven't been used in years ...the ink came right off on the clay. It will probably absorb by the time the clay drys and I will paint them how I want them later.

I had one that I did, that looked to everyone like sand dollars!