Aggressive Toy Poodle?

Will neutering my 4 year old extremely aggressive male toy Poodle stop him from being aggressive toward me and my family? He is sweet one moment, letting me pet him on my lap and the next moment he is stiff, growling and snapping at me.

By Tammy

Best Answer

Sounds like he is hurting somewhere. Yes, it is a very good idea to neuter. He will be healthier in the long run and hormones will stabilize. It will take a while to see if hormones could be the problem but spay and neuter is always healthier.

I had the same problem with a 6 year old male chihuahua I rescued. I couldn't touch him anywhere and needed to put a towel over him to pick him up and also when putting him down had to face him away from me and let him go quick and get my hands out of the way before he bit me. He was just a seething mess of aggression I had him castrated and it took about 4 months before he settled down and gradually he came to respond to me but it took about 18 months.

Now he is very affectionate and instigates the play and cuddles. I was at my wits end with him but I'm glad I perservered. I don't know if there is a medical explanation for it but it certainly worked in his case. Good Luck!

You need to talk to your Veterinarian because there could be a number of factors that are bothering him. Is there any reason why he was not castrated at a much earlier age? Good luck.

Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 28, 2012
🎄
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Aggressive-Toy-Poodle.html