Almond Crescent Cookies
Almond flavor enlivens this basic sugar cookie recipe, making it not only a good choice for entertaining, but also a nice treat for the family. This is a page about making almond crescent cookies
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A twist on the classic sugar cookie recipe, these almond horns are perfect for a Christmas tea or enjoyed alongside hot cocoa on a snowy afternoon.
Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 6 dozen
Source: My Italian Grandmother :-)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp amaretto
- 3 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Mix sugar, butter, egg, milk, and salt thoroughly.
- Gradually add in flour, baking powder, cornstarch and amaretto until dough is smooth and pliable.
- Fold in almond bits. Shape dough into small logs (about 1 inch long) and bend to form crescents.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 7-9 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then roll in confectioners sugar.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.