Angelica the Elegant Christmas Angel
This pretty Christmas decoration is made using simple to get craft supplies and a bit of time. Make one or make a chorus. This is a page about making Angelica the elegant Christmas angel
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turn simple craft material and flowers cut from leftover embroidered net lace fabric into an elegant angel for Christmas.
Total Time: 20 minutes, drying time excluded
Yield: one angel
- polystyrene ball with a diameter of 65mm
- A3 sized red cardstock
- fifteen flowers cut from leftover white embroidered net lace fabric
- 6 large white poultry feathers
- curly brown synthetic doll hair
- one wooden kebab skewer
- flesh colored acrylic paint
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- Acrilex Cola air dry polystyrene glue
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- standard scissors
- Add polystyrene glue to the tip of the kebab skewer and push the skewer into the polystyrene ball. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Roll the red cardstock into a cone and secure the ends with Bostik. Note: Leave a small opening at the top when rolling the cone, so that the skewer would be able to fit inside the cone. Use the scissors to trim the bottom of the cone even so that the cone will be able to stand on a surface.
- Now add the angel's head to the cone: Add polystyrene glue around the skewer where the skewer and the ball meet. Push the skewer through the opening at the top of the cone and allow to dry.
- Paint the polystyrene ball with the flesh paint and allow to dry. Be careful not to mess paint on the red cone.
- Use Bostik to stick the lace flowers to the cone ~ allow the flowers to swirl all around the cone.
- Use polystyrene glue and add strands of hair to angel's head. Use the scissors to shape the hair neatly and allow to dry.
- Use the black pen to draw a singing mouth and eyes. Use Bostik and glue the feathers to the back of the cone to make the wings.
December 6, 20170 found this helpful
Beautiful Christmas Angel you made. :)
December 12, 20170 found this helpful
Thank you 15mhhm15!