Ariens Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start

I have been troubleshooting my riding lawn mower all the way to the starter. Everything is in check and I have a new battery, but it hasn't been started in a couple years and the flywheel will only turn one time and stop when I turn the switch. I wonder what could be the problem?

If you stored it with gas, that may be the problem. The fuel lines may be clogged.

Did you make sure there are no nests (mouse, wasp or other critters) anywhere in the mower? I ask because this happened to a friend. Once she cleaned it out, everything worked just fine.

If that isn't the case, a call to their customer service team may help! That is my go to for things like this:

www.ariensco.com/ContactUs

Good luck! I know mid summer is not the time for a down mower :(

usually when these things sit for a while they have trouble starting precisely because fuel lines get clogged or bent or they just need to be used. Also sometimes the terminals get gunked up. I would just keep trying it and cleaning it out and then starting again