Arizona Christmas Charities

Every year ThriftyFun gets numerous requests from people looking for help for their families for Christmas. Since we do not have the resources to offer direct help, we have set up this guide to help people find charities in each state. This is a guide about finding Christmas charities in Arizona.

The Society of St. Vincent de Paul in Phoenix sponsors an "Adopt a Family" program that provides families in need during the holidays with a holiday meal and a gift for each family member. Look under "Programs and Services" on their website for more information.

The Association of Arizona Food Banks may be able to assist with holiday meal food items.

I am in need of help this Christmas holiday for my 8 year old son, 2 year old son, and 1 year old daughter. We are currently unemployed, homeless, and staying with family. I've looked up Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, and The Salvation army. The only thing is I am not in prison and not in any of the "cities" where I would need to provide proof of residency. Please help. I am living in the Buckeye, AZ area.

Answers

Go to a local church. You can also place want ads in Freecycle and Craigslist for things you need and want.

You have my prayers and hopes that things will turn around for you!!

Here are some other suggestions of places to try:

www.bbbsaz.org/.../

lowincomerelief.com/.../

www.suntopia.org/.../

www.lowincomehelp.us/.../az-buckeye

I know, at least in Pittsburgh, sometimes the folks at the food pantry can help hook you up with other local resources and organizations. Sometimes they even get toys in to hand out to their clients!

Clubs like Rotary also are often very helpful:

chamberorganizer.com/.../mem_rotarybuckeye

Sending up lots of good wishes for you!

Thank you so much. I will look into these sights. May God Bless you.

I am wondering if you can help. I am wondering if there is help to get Christmas gifts for my children who are 14,15 and my pregnant daughter who is 19. I am unemployed and in need of some help. Who can I contact?

By Cinthia

Answers

The charities that I am aware of that help with Christmas gifts have an age cut off limit of 12-13 years. The application deadline is also past for most of them. Being you are unemployed you must have a social worker with the Department of Social Services, talk to that person and see if they have any ideas. Where I live there is a church sponsored college that one of the clubs in the college is collecting gifts for teenagers. I don't know what is available where you live. Also speak with your pastor, sometimes they will take up a special, anonymous free will offerering for a needy family in the congregation. Your kids are also old enough to know when times are hard they might not get gifts.

Hello Cinthia,
I would like to help you

This question was posted in 2013, so it is unlikely that she is still looking for assistance. Merry Christmas!

How do I find help for my kids for Christmas?

By mandi van gough from Queen Creek, AZ

Answers

Call the department of social services and ask if they know where you can receive help. Most places the Salvation Army sponsors some type of help. However where I live most of the charities that help do have income guidelines. Just because a person is having a difficult time right now, doesn't mean that their income will qualify. Just as an example I know a woman who thought she could get out of paying child support to her "ex" because she lost her job more than a year ago, but she had to take in her last income tax papers, and the papers showing how much she received in a severance package. and she has to pay child support, and all she has done is squander the severance package, and a really large income tax refund.

All each kid in a family really needs is one gift and that doesn't even have to be an expensive one. When my girls were 2-3 years old they always had a new dress to wear to the Sunday School program and when we got home after they were in bed they dress got wrapped and put under the tree. When we opened the gifts a week or two later they had forgot about seeing the dresses ahead of time, then they each got one cheap toy, none of which were advertised on TV. I start my shopping no later than February, and on a total income of $700 a monthly retirement social security, no pension or savings; I spend $20.00 each on my Aunt and cousin, $40.00 each on my two adult daughters, and $20.00 each on my four grandkids that range in age from 14-24. I have also told the grandkids that when they get into a significant other type relationship and will be having that person spend Christmas with me, that they no longer get a gift because I can't afford any more relatives. It can be done with planning ahead.

I volunteer for a national charity called Love, INC. They have offices all over the country. Click on this link to find one near you. They will be happy to help.

http://www.love  r-work/locations

Charities that offer help during the holiday season in Arizona. Please post feedback about any charities you may know about.

Editor's Note: Do NOT post here if you need help. ThriftyFun does not have resources to give direct help to those in need.