Arkansas Christmas Charities

Every year ThriftyFun gets numerous requests from people looking for help for their families for Christmas. Since we do not have the resources to offer direct help, we have set up this guide to help people find charities in each state. This is a guide about finding Christmas charities in Arkansas.

I am out of work and I have no money. I need help getting my kids some Christmas gifts. Does anyone know where I can get help? I don't want them to get up to nothing that morning.

By Patty from Monticello, AR

Answers

Are you getting unemployment, if you are a single parent are you getting child support, and if you are a widow you must be getting survivor's benefits. You can always pick up some little thing at a dollar store or thrift store. Thrift stores do have some new items. Kids don't need a whole pile of gifts, one will be enought. They also don't need expensive, designer things or electronic stuff. WalMart has a good selection of stuff for under $10.00. Also if you are really low income you must have a social worker at the Department of Social Services and that person should have some ideas.

Also if your kids have grandparents or aunts and uncles won't they be giving gifts?

One of my best friends just informed me that 2 of her three daughters had nothing under the tree at Christmas. One of these children is 9 the other 15. These girls were destroyed by this. I am disabled and poor myself so I can't help. Does anyone out there know where we can get help for these beautiful children? The third daughter spent Christmas with her father and had a good Christmas. Someone please give me some info on who could help. Thank you.

By Sonya from Searcy, AR

Answers

Talk to your church. Or better yet talk to their church. You should be able to get some assistance.

What is the phone number for Christmas Wish in Mountain Home, AR? Thanks

By Joan W. from Mountain Home, AR

Charities that offer help during the holiday season in Arkansas. Please post feedback about any charities you may know about.

Editor's Note: Do NOT post here if you need help. ThriftyFun does not have resources to give direct help to those in need.

Answers:

Arkansas Christmas Charities

Arkansas is one of the best philanthropic areas! We have Christmas Wish here in Mountain Home, AR. You take your gently used or new items to the specified location and volunteers wrap and arrange for pick up and delivery of the gifts to families in need.

In addition, cash donations are turned into food baskets to assure that the families have a holiday meal. How wonderful is that? I plan for this all year, setting aside gift items, extra gift wrap, etc. to make my donation a little better each time. I just love it here! What a wonderful place to live!
(Yes, you do get a tax deduction for the donation; but that pales in comparison to the health benefit received when you have a giving spirit!) (07/31/2010)

By psr1lady