BBQ for 200 People

I'm getting married and I'm trying to figure out how much BBQ to get. There will be 191 people coming as of now. All the food for the wedding is really heavy, there's a pasta station with chicken and shrimp, and a grits station with biscuits, sweet potato fries and some other sides.

The people from the BBQ place said I won't need as much because of the heavy food and because we are doing the BBQ as sliders. He recommended 20 pounds and 4 quarts of slaw.

Allow 1/4 pound of any meat for each person and 3-4 appetizers. Considering all of the other food you are having, I would say the barbecue place is giving you good advice.

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. With all the other food, you can slack off a bit. Now that said, keep in mind it's a disaster for anyone wearing nice clothing to have anything "red" drop onto them.

I wish you well and hope you will post photos of your big day.

BBQ - delicious - but I believe a lot of readers are wondering the same as me - BBQ? at a wedding?

• But then you know what kind of affair you are having and it is a sure thing - most everybody likes BBQ.
  • One question - how many of the people will opt for BBQ instead of the other food?
  • The amount stated sounds reasonable unless the above happens and if it does your BBQ will disappear quickly.
  • I would make one suggestion - have plenty of large handy wipes available in several places - especially if there are going to be children attending.
  • Just wondering if this is a "stand-up" make your own choice or will there be an area where a sit-down/table is available?
  • If tables are available, I would suggest placing large handy wipes on each table as some of your choices sound like "finger-foods".

Sounds like you are planning a fun wedding and we wish you many happy days to follow.

that sounds like good advice. YOu might consider having a few fruit salads or other salads or lighter fare for those who might not like meat or heavy food so much, but it's probably not worth it if it makes your costs go up