Baking Breads in A Can

I want to bake banana bread and other types of sweet bread in a 26.5 ounce can. How long do I bake it?

Mary from Houston, Texas

Answers:

Baking Breads In A Can

If you have a recipe for banana bread, use the same amount of time as called for in the recipe.

You'll have to test and see if it's done baking by poking the sweet bread with a toothpick. (10/07/2008)

By Marjorie

Baking Breads In A Can

I checked out some quick bread recipes (not banana) that baked for 45-50 minutes (can being 2/3's full) at 350 degrees F. One used 20 oz cans and one called for one pound coffee cans.

This recipe for Banana Bread below calls for 375 degree temp for an hour and a quarter (75 minutes).

It seems to depend on the recipe but that gives you some guidelines.

CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD IN A CAN:

http://chickinthekitchen.com/2008/03/16/chocolate-chip-banana-bread/

I would test with a piece of dry spaghetti so you can test closer to the center. Banana bread is so moist usually you want to be sure it is done in the middle.

I made some quick bread in cans years ago but they were small soup cans that I used.

(10/07/2008)

By KL

Baking Breads In A Can

I make persimmon bread for Christmas every year. I bake 3 in one pound coffee cans for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Delicious and they freeze well. (10/08/2008)

By annieb.

Baking Breads In A Can

I've done this in the past and do the "by guess and by golly" method and after about 15 minutes, keep an eye on things! Be sure to use a lot of "Pam"! (10/10/2008)

By Teri