Best Glue for Making a Jewelry Christmas Tree

What type of glue do you recommend for the tree or decoration of jewelry on velvet?

Best Answer

I do all kinds of crafts and find that "Gorilla" glue will just about do for any project, go to a craft shop and read the label and this way you will find the one need for what you are doing.

Gorilla glue seems to spread and can grow in unwanted places

Best Answer

There is Aleene's Super Fabric Adhesive.

Best Answer

All the glues mentioned above have issues in one way or another. If you are making the tree on a board covered with velvet, then glue a gold chain in the outline of your tree, then fill in the outline with the crackled, broken glass of a green wine bottle (specific instructions on how to do this!) and then will be gluing down the heavy vintage bejeweled rhinestone brooches and such, there are only two glues out there that cut the mustard.

One is Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue (crystal clear, instant grab, fast dry.) It is very good if your tree is not going to accumulate a lot of weight by the size of your tree. But if you are making a larger tree with a heavy frame and crackled glass and jewelry, like I make, then the very best glue that meets all the criteria and will hold forever is E-6000. Only about $2.50 per tube on Amazon and at Walmart stores, elsewhere, they charge $5 -7 per tube. Happy crafting, Ladies! Pam

What are the instructions for the wine bottle crushing?

Here are some instructions from a different craft post.

www.thriftyfun.com/tf13863865.tip.html

Good luck!

My 2 cents worth: I have had E-6000 fail more than once on jewelry so I am leery of it. Plus it has noxious fumes until it dries.

Also, I would think for something like this you would want a slow drying adhesive to give you time to work.

Personally, I'd use gorilla glue. I love this for glueing jewels and rhinestones onto the surface of glass or other mediums.

You can use a glue gun and hot glue.

Ilene's jewel it glue or gorilla glue works good.
Here is a link to a chart of what types of glue www.firemountaingems.com/.../glues

Crafts Christmas DecorationsDecember 22, 2017
🎄