DecorationsHalloween

Black and White Fabric Strip Foam Pumpkin

The Dollar Tree foam pumpkins are the best things since sliced bread!! I have colored them, covered them with lace and buttons, and so many other things. Today it's a black and white strip with Spanish moss and a cork stem.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

1. Remove the foam stem. With the strips of fabric of your choosing, glue them together if they are not a long enough strip. Then begin at the bottom and wrap your 18" or so back around to itself. I secured the bottom with a wreath pin and then each row will cover the glue/pin of the other. You can also use straight pins.
  2. Keep wrapping around till all the orange is covered. Seal the top with some glue and let cool.
  3. With the cork as a template, cut a circle about 1/4" bigger around than the cork. Carefully run a bead of glue around the edge of the cork end and fold over the circle of fabric. Then, take a little fabric and cover that fold over as if it was a continuous piece of fabric.
  4. The last step is to glue the stem onto the top. Then glue same Spanish moss to the top and Voila!!

Love how this turned out. I am loving the farmhouse vibe :)

Thanks, me too! I used to have a black and red bathroom. Then one day, I saw this old cream colored pitcher in the window of a bathroom, and the curtains were moss green. I changed everything in mine and luckily, I was able to just repaint some things, etc.
Inspiration comes in so many forms.

Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 17, 2019
🍂
🎃