Bon Bon Cookie Recipes
If you have never tried these great little cookies now is the time. This page contains bon bon cookie recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Many families have a special recipe that they make every holiday. Our family makes bon bon cookies every year! These delicious cookies can be served any time of year though, by simply changing the frosting colors. :)
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 24 cookies
- Bon Bons:
- 1 large container candied cherries
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a a large bowl, combine flour, salt, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla. If dough is too dry, add 1-2 Tbsp. milk.
- Work the dough with your hands until it can be formed into a ball and stay together.
- Pull off a 1" ball and flatten it in between your fingers. Place a cherry in the center and work the dough around the cherry.
- Roll the bon bon between your palms, forming a smooth ball. Place the bon bons on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the bottom of the bon bons begins to turn golden brown.
- Allow the bon bons to cool before dipping them in icing.
- For the icing: In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar, milk (both the 2 Tbsp. and the 1 1/2 tsp.), and vanilla. Add food coloring to achieve the desired color.
- Dip the top of each bon bon in the icing, allowing excess icing to drip off. Set them aside, add sprinkles if desired, and then allow icing to harden.
In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut, 1/3 cup gelatin, almonds, extract and enough food coloring to tint mixture.Read More...
January 29, 20130 found this helpful
Many families have a special recipe that they make every holiday. Our family makes bon bon cookies every year! These delicious cookies can be served any time of year though, by simply changing the frosting colors.
View the full recipe here: Cherry Bon Bon Cookies