OrnamentsChristmas

Bottle Cap Ornaments

Instead of tossing out the bottle caps, you could make ornaments. These ornaments are the perfect size for a mini Christmas tree. You could also use this as an accent when wrapping presents too.

Total Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour

1. I used assorted bottle caps from beer bottles and gingerale. First, I wanted to make a reindeer. With some left over brown construction paper, I cut thin 1.5" strips for the antlers. You will need 3 strips - one will be cut into 3 pieces as shown below. Using hot glue secure the antlers into place.
  2. If you have any photos you want to use, you can trace the bottle cap over the photo and cut a circle. Or, you could print your own photo. I used Microsoft Word and created a "circle" shape measuring 1" in by 1" (which is the size of the bottle cap). Then, I went to Fill > Fill Effects > Picture and From file: Choose Picture. I was able to print out a perfect 1" circle with my face to make the reindeer. You can upload any photo, or even your pet! As a finishing touch, I use a red pom pom for the nose.
  3. My favorite part is that you could also make monogram ornaments! I made these monogram circles on Microsoft Word and instead of fill, I went with white and added text. You could most definitely use glitter pens or stickers to personalize too.
  4. To glam the ornaments, I used adhesive faux pearls and some pom pom ribbon attached with hot glue. On another ornament, I added adhesive ribbon and kept it simple.
  5. Then using glue bond, I added ornament hooks to hook onto my Christmas tree.
  6. You could also tie a knot on a loop and hot glue on the back of the bottle cap instead of an ornament hook (or if you don't have an ornament hook).

super thrifty and well done!