Bridal Shower Games Ideas

Category Games
Bridal Shower Games Ideas
When planning a bridal shower, deciding which games to include is a fun part of the process. This is a guide about bridal shower games ideas.

Get a basket to hold your candy. Have a master list of the candies so you can look up the answer if you don't know. Have a list of clues for the different candy bars and as you call them out player need to try to guess which candy bar it is for. Whoever guesses it right, gets the candy bar. The clues could be changed to be more appropriate for a wedding or a baby shower. Have fun with it!

Here are some to get you started:

By Suntydt from Tazewell, TN

At my daughter's bridal shower, last Sunday, the hostess had the most awesome "game". She asked my daughter, the bride to be, and her future mother in law to come to the front of the room.

Now, there would be a race to see who could get dressed the quickest... just like it will be on the day of the wedding. They both were blindfolded and then given a pair of oven mitts. Once the oven mitts were on they were each given a pair of panty hose (stockings) and were told to put them on. It was so funny to watch them.

My daughter "won" but she commented after that with the oven mitts on she couldn't feel the panty hose at all. Her future mother in law even tried to bite a hole in the stocking and then put her foot into that hole because she couldn't find the opening to the stocking at all. We all laughed so hard.

Valleyrimgirl

I am looking for ideas of games to play at a bridal shower. Something like trivia of the bride and groom. Maybe quizzing her about him. Something to create laughter and fun. Any ideas? What have you done or seen at a shower? Thanks.

By spoostad from CT

I was at a baby shower where they had a printed questionnaire about the mom-to-be and baby....Print out a list of questions...like

1. Where did the couple meet?

2. How long have they been engaged?

3. What is the groom-to-be's full name?

4. What is the location of the honeymoon?

Just a few, it was a lot of fun. The person with the most correct answers won.

We made up a blank bingo grid and gave one to each guest as they entered. While waiting for the festivities to begin, They were to fill it in with gifts they thought the bride to be would receive. As she opened her gifts if it contained what was written on your grid you "X-ed" it out. Just like in Bingo you win if you get 5 in a row. We had little giftees for about the first 5 winners.

Hi, I bought 2 rolls of toilet paper in dollar store w/roll of tape. I let each table make a bride out of the toilet paper and the bride picks the best one for a prize. It was a lot of fun.

Hi. Another game was I bought clothes pins at dollar store. Every time someone said a word with M you took their clothes pin the most collected won a prize. Also a penny under a chair gets a prize.

If your couple are movie buffs, you can play "who said that"? and list movie lines from movies dealing with marriage or romance.

Another fun one is to put things on a tray like garter, favor, etc and put it in front of the guests to remember. Then when the person leaves the room, the guests have to describe what she was wearing! It's a hoot.

I always enjoyed finding how many words you can make out of the couples full names such as Michael and Sarah Smith could be heart, mind, etc. I googled wedding shower games and got tons, so link up and have some fun!

A fun game would be Two Truths and a Lie, themed around the bridal couple's courtship, where guests detect the lie for points. This could be done as a game show, or a questionnaire. For example...

Mary and Steve enjoyed stolen kisses:

A) in the back row of the Bijou Theater.

B) when they conquered Mount Whitney.

C) at the jeweler's, buying their rings.

A friend of mine is planning a bridal shower and is trying to find the details of a Mr. Right story game. She asked me, but I've never heard of it.

Apmacik from Niles, OH

Answers

BRIDAL SHOWER LEFT - RIGHT GAME

By Jackie Whiteker

Original author of left-right game unknown

Pass out votives to every other guest or every other two, depending on number of guests.

Tell guests that as you read the story, they are to pass the votive left when you say left, and pass it right when you say right. When the story ends, those with votives are the winners!

http://www.teal  ideleftright.htm

**I am sure you could substitute some other small prize for the votives**

There is a Mr. Wright story game, but you need to pay for it, on BridalShowerGamesAtoZ.com. I think it is 6.99.

Mr. Right left right bridal shower game.e-mail me at johns438 AT verizon.net

scary story

Need Mr.Right left right bridal shower game,

I will be hosting a coed wedding shower at the end of May at our church for the couple after the wedding. Mainly to get them connected to other congregation members. The menu is simple: hot dogs, potato salad, chips and lemonade with sheet cake for dessert. I need some help with games or favors. What are some favors and some games that can be done within a reasonable budget? Please help. Thank you.

By Rader1

How about pitting the men against the women to play trivia similar to Battle of the Sexes? You ask the men questions that women would know (like about cosmetics, fashion, etc.) and the women questions that men would know (like about cars, sports, etc.)

I like LoriW's idea, see what men know about women things and vice versa. Should be interesting!

Oh! I just threw one in October! I did a crossword puzzle featuring questions about the couple, a multiple choice "how well do you know" this couple type of questions, a name game "her married name will be..." and people had to make words out of the letters (this was timed & people loved it!). Buy some measuring spoon sets and make up a poem about love being immeasurable or something like that. I can't give all my secrets away. I have another one to throw! Good luck & have fun!

If you have or can make the supplies, and are a little creative, you can make a simple bingo game. Anything small and round - from traditional bingo chips to Cheez-Its can be use for markers. If the names (his, hers, etc) aren't too long, it shouldn't bee hard.

Also, Charades, and Pictionary type games can be fun, especially if men compete against women. Just remember to keep it friendly and clean, lol! But I know you will.