BridesmaidWeddings

Bridesmaid Hairstyle Ideas

My mom's wedding is coming up and I have no idea how to do my hair. My aunt is a stylist and she's going to be doing my hair. I don't want to look bad but I also don't want to over power. Any ideas?

By Asiana from Madison, WI

People are often happier if they don't do elaborate styles for wedding and grads. You may want to just have your hair in the usual way. Do you have any sort of headdress or flowers that you are going to wear? What the girls do here for their grads/proms is to go to the stylist a month before, and have the hair done in the style they have chosen, and see if they like it. Since your aunt is doing your hair, this should certainly be possible. Don't let anyone talk you into something that you don't like, that you feel uncomfortable in.

A French twist is very pretty.

For my younger daughter's wedding, my older daughter did my longish hair in a nice French braid. That's the same style I wore the night I received the Goodwill-Easter Seals Community Employment Independence award, in 2008. Since I usually do a regular braid and double it over, then fasten it with a barette, for special-but-not-too-special occasions. It worked for me. I also like a French twist or a simple bun if your hair is long like mine.