Button Christmas Cards

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is decorating Christmas cards! This year, I found some button card ideas that were too adorable not to try. All of the ones I attempted were really easy to do and turned out great! I think even older kids would enjoy making these cards. A personal touch is always nice. I know I treasure and keep any card I receive, if I can tell someone spent time on it. My favorite of these is probably the dangling ornaments or strand of lights. I like the simplicity of only having the button decor on the front. Then I go crazy on the inside with the message and stickers!!

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 5 cards

1. Cut the card stock sheets in half. Then fold the half sheets in half. Trim any overlap to make the edges even.
  2. For the "ho ho ho" card, simply write the "h" across the front of the card, three times, leaving a space between each for the "o"s.
    Hot glue a button to the right of each "h". Add any greetings inside that you choose.
  3. For the Christmas tree card, hot glue a layer of green buttons for the bottom of the tree. Then choose a different color for the garland. Use another level of green and garland. And finally two green buttons with a yellow above for the star.
    You can leave it as is or add a trunk. I used a pipe cleaner, but you can also draw one or use a brown button or paper.
  4. For the ornament card, draw the metal hook pieces along the middle of the card. Hot glue a button under each hook piece.
  5. For the dangling ornaments, hot glue the buttons first, randomly across. Then draw a straight line up from each button and add a bow.
  6. For the light strand card, draw the strand and add the pieces where the lights attach. Then hot glue a button under each piece. The final version of this one is in the main photo.
  7. Finally, you can write your Christmas/holiday message inside and add stickers, confetti, or anything festive!

So cute, Tiffany!

Adorable!
I have made my Christmas cards in the past but didn't this year. I will definitely make these NEXT Christmas!

Adorable!

Crafts Christmas CardsDecember 2, 2019
🎉
🎄

Generated 2019-12-08 13:23:42 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

CardsChristmas