Cash Trees As Gifts

Category Gifts
Make giving money as a gift for Christmas a bit more fun. Learn how to fold currency into a tree shape with the following tutorial.

I decided to give cash gifts rather than gift cards since:

• Cash gift cards cost money to purchase.

• Some folks don't like or remember to use gift cards plus it restricts the recipient to use the gift only at only the designated chosen.

• Recipients get to choose how to spend their gift!
So I wanted to think up cuter ways to give cash. I decided on currency folded into Christmas trees! You can choose any denomination and can still personalize them by adding a letter or note with suggestions, funny or not!

• paper money in any denomination
  • rubber cement
  • color sheet of paper, index or notecard
  • optional: gift box or bag
  • optional: paper with message

1. Fold the bill in half, horizontally top to bottom. This just shows you where the center of the bill is for later folding.
  2. Advertisement

3. Fold bill in half, right to left.
  4. Fold bill in the middle following the photo.
  5. Fold the top, half right hand side of the bill down to the center, as shown. Repeat on the bottom, folding the half right hand side to meet that top fold, as shown.
  6. Press flat to make crisp folds as shown.
  7. Advertisement

8. Fold down the bill in two steps (on the left) to form the triangle design of the tree shape. Fold up the bill (on the right) to form a shorter trunk.
  9. Flip it over and it should look like an evergreen. Press the folds flat from this side.
  10. You may glue it to a index card with a message and slip it in a small bag or gift box that you saved from last year's Christmas (you already do that, right?)
    Crafter's Tip: Rubber cement is perfect to use when you want to glue paper without damaging it, including currency! Paint a little rubber cement on both the bill and the paper where you want it to be stuck to and here's the important part - LET IT DRY COMPLETELY before sticking them together! That's how rubber cement works and it won't ruin any paper by ripping it! After it's removed just rubbing a finger over it rubs it right off since it's rubber not paste.
  11. Advertisement

12. I chose to personalize mine by including some restaurants I saw on a Food Show with some food reviews for my two 'Foodies' to consider, just for fun! The great part is they now can choose what/where they will use it and will definitely not forget about it like I hear so many people say they do with gift cards!!

Say I hope it's the right color if in a box

Crafts Christmas GiftsJanuary 14, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-16 00:03:44 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️