Cheesesteak Sandwich Recipes

It's the molasses that gives this recipe it's unique flavor.

Directions:

In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over med. heat. Saute onions and meat until onions are soft; about 3 minutes. Add chili powder, pepper, salt, Worcestershire, molasses, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally. Add red and green peppers and cook 3 more minutes.

Assemble the sandwiches: preheat oven broiler. Fill each roll with 2 cups of meat mixture and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. mozzarella and 2 of provolone. Place under broiler until cheese melts, 30 seconds to 1 minute.

This is the original recipe. I omit the chili because we don't like it. I've also used ground beef instead of steak because my husband prefers it that way. I use less filling per roll and it gives me 6 to 8 rolls. I've taken these to parties as well; I use the little salad rolls instead. They are always popular with men.

Source: I got this from a magazine article (don't know which) a number of years ago.

By glenda eileen lockhart from Nova Scotia

3 More Solutions

This is a yummy beef sandwich and easy to make. The prep is done early, so it'd be a nice main dish for a party. I was originally concerned that this recipe would be too spicy for the kids, but it actually turned out to be quite mild.

Cheesesteak Sandwiches

I never measure the ingredients in this delicious recipe, I just "eyeball" everything.

This page contains slow cooker philly cheese steak recipes. A crockpot can be helpful for cooking hot sandwich meats.

Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1
Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches HotApril 18, 2014
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cheesesteak-Sandwich-Recipes.html