Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipes

Category Casseroles
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Herbs and spices can help create a variety of interesting dishes with these ingredients. This page contains chicken and rice casserole recipes.

• 4 cups cooked wild rice
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup chicken gravy
  • 2 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 1 cup soft bread crumbs
  • Ad

• 2 Tbsp. melted margarine

Directions:

Combine rice, soup, chicken gravy, and chicken. Put into a 2 quart casserole. Toss bread crumbs with melted margarine; sprinkle over top of he casserole. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

A friend of mine who used to make the most delicious chicken and rice casserole died suddenly and I would love to have the recipe. I overheard her once saying that she put a packet of something she bought at the store in it to season. I don't know if it was a packet of salad dressing mix or perhaps a dry soup mix, but the results were delicious. She put whole pieces of chicken on top of the rice that was seasoned and baked it in the oven. Has anyone got any idea what the recipe might be?

Donna from Greensburg, IN

My sister-in-law always used to put a packet of Lipton chicken & noodle soup mix (without the noodles, just the yellow hard seasoning mix) in her chicken & rice, which was absolutely delicious. She also used to put some Adobo seasoning in it too.

I use a recipe from Campbell's website called Chicken and Rice casserole. It uses Canned Cream of chicken soup and I bump it up with some more seasonings. Starts on the stove and ends in the oven in about 45 cooking minutes. Look on their website, see if it sounds good and then I can tell you how I "customize" it.

This is a recipe I've made for years....it sounds a lot like the recipe your friend made....we love it-and I ESPECIALLY love it on those real hectic days because it's so easy to throw together!

Hope this helps you out!

Carol

BUSY DAY CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 c. water

1 heaping cup long-grain rice (not instant rice-I use the Uncle Ben's long grain-have even used brown rice and that works fine too)

1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, optional

6 pieces chicken, skin removed (I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but you can use also use the legs and thighs)

Garlic powder, onion powder and pepper to taste (to season the chicken pieces)

1/2 pkt. dry onion soup mix

Mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, mushrooms (if desired) and water together in the bottom of a 13x9x2" baking dish; sprinkle on rice. Season chicken pieces with garlic powder, onion powder and pepper (if desired) and lay chicken over the soup/rice mixture. Sprinkle the dry onion soup evenly over all. Cover tightly with foil. Bake @ 325 degrees for 2 hours.

I use the lower fat and sodium soups with great results.

I have a recipe that might be what you are looking for

it is called No Peek Chicken

No Peek Chicken

1 Chicken, cut up ( or your favorite chicken pieces)

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

2 cans cream of chicken soup

2 cups uncooked rice

2 soup cans of water

Place chicken in bottom of roaster or casserole dish. Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix. Pour the 2 cups of uncooked rice over this; set aside. Mix the 2 cans of cream of chicken soup with the 2 cans of water. Pour evenly over chicken and rice. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.

Bake 350° for 1 hour until chicken is done. Do not peek

until done.

I have added chopped carrots to this dish also and it turns out great every time. Hope you like it.

Joanne

That was an old recipe from the Lipton Dry onion soup mix

I am looking for a recipe for Chinese Chicken. It's a casserole type dish with rice (not noodles), water chestnuts, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and of course chicken which is cooked and cut up and I think it also contains cream of chicken soup. I lost all my recipes when my hard drive crashed. Ugh!

By Kathy from Sylvania, OH