Choosing a Day for Your Wedding

Category Planning
When deciding when to get married, it should be what works best for both of you. This guide is about choosing a day for your wedding.

Tips to help you choose the right day and time of year for your wedding. Post your ideas.

Answers

Terri H.
Best Answer

By getting married on a Friday rather than a Saturday, you could save up to 20%.

Best Answer

Pick YOUR date and remember it's for the two of you, not anyone else. We picked Valentines Day at NOON. It was a Tuesday and, boy, did some people, family, etc., WHINE! I told them nicely but firmly I was doing it that day and if they could not be there, it was fine. Really just me and my
honey were needed.

It was a Tuesday 10 years ago. A lovely day, fun and stress free. Roses were not easy but a local grocery was just putting a floral dept and they did my flowers (fresh pinks roses) for FREE. They added pink tulips, pink freesias, etc. for the pictures of it for their books. That and the manager had watched me grow up and was happy for me. I was in shock. Oh yeah, I was never gonna get married type. HA!

Not really an answer, but I just read an article in today's paper about how in some states certain wedding businesses and other groups won't plan stuff in the months when they know ahead of time that the cicadas are planning a "comeback".

They mentioned a huge festival in Chicago that changed its schedule and an ice sculpture company that turns down outside parties for the time the cicadas are scheduled.