Christmas Candy Egg Carton Gift Box

One way of reusing an egg carton is by making a holiday/Christmas candy gift box.

Buying Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles is a splurge, but I got an amazing deal at CVS. They are currently on sale, 2 for $7. I had a $2 coupon clipped to my CVS card so I paid only $5 for 2 bags when each bag is normally $4-5 each! Each bag contains 12 pieces, so you can actually make 2 gift boxes making it only $2.50 each gift box. That is much cheaper than buying See's candy, or pre-made chocolate gift boxes and it is much more thoughtful!

Start saving some egg cartons! :)

Total Time: 15 minutes

1. For best results use a clear egg carton. I removed all the paper/brand info off the carton.
  2. I used 2 sheets of tissue paper (1 green/1 red). I cut both sheets about 1" larger all around than the egg carton.
  3. Then, I cut the green tissue paper in half.
  4. Using glue spots, place one half sheet in the egg spaces (4) at the ends and then lightly press the tissue paper down.
  5. For the center I used red so it's a green/red/green color accent. Again use glue dots to stick the paper down.
  6. Now, fill each egg space with a piece of candy. You do not have to use Lindt, you can use any candy that will fit in the carton, like Kisses.
  7. I folded a piece of cardboard and traced one side of a Christmas tree shape so once cut it'll be a complete tree.
  8. Cut tissue paper to fit the top of the egg carton. Then fold in half. Stick the folded tissue paper into the folded cardboard tree sketch and carefully cut the tree out.
  9. Then you are ready to place the paper over the egg carton as a nice accent and you can see the chocolates inside. Trim to fit and attach to the lid. Or, you can decorate however you'd like. As an example you can cut paper to fit the top of the carton and draw, or write Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, etc.
  10. For finishing touches I tied a bow and tied it so it looks as if the bow is the tree topper! Now, ready to give this as a gift!

Very beautiful!

Crafts Christmas GiftsDecember 13, 2018
🎂
🌻
🎃