Christmas Card Photo Ideas With Kids

Category Cards
Two boys in santa hats looking out window in hopes of seeing Santa
Homemade Christmas cards with photos of the kids are fun to make and a great way to share photos with family and friends. This is a guide about Christmas card photo ideas with kids.

Sometimes you just gotta go with it!

By Lisa from Blair, OK

Does anyone have any ideas for Christmas cards that would include my 4 kids? I have a step daughter 15, step son 10, a 9 year old son, and 5 year old son. Not sure what I am looking for, but any ideas would be great. Thanks.

By Brandi from VA

Best Answer

I have seen this idea on Martha Stewart, have your children lay down and spell out the word "JOY". this could use 4 kids, one for the J, two for the O and one for the Y. You would have to get on a ladder to photograph it from above. The ones I saw looked really cute. Good Luck.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Searching for ideas for Christmas this past year and not wanting to write a looong Christmas letter, I found this idea. I sat the kids in front of the tree, plopped Santa hats on their heads, added a bit of tape and VOILA, instant fun!

The kids giggled the entire time, it was the best picture of them. With the caption, "Silent Night, Holy Night...Yes...Yes It Is..." we got many compliments and laughter from family and friends. This was easy, cheap, and sooo much fun! I'm already looking for an idea for next year.

Source: This idea came from readers on this ThriftyFun website! =)

By Christina H. from Dodge City, KS

"Silent Night" Christmas Photo

Comment Like this photo? 2

I need ideas for a Christmas card. I have 3 boys ages 12, 10, and 8 and a daughter that's 5. Thanks.

puttsw from Cleveland, MS

Feedback:

Christmas Card Ideas Using My Kids

My daughter has 4 boys and she had picture Christmas cards made. The 2 older boys were sitting shoulder to shoulder and the next one was laying on his stomach in front of them and the youngest, which would be your daughter, was sitting on his back. It was real cute. (12/03/2008)

By .Jan

Christmas Card Ideas Using My Kids

What I'm wanting to do with my grandson is this: I want to find a manger scene and have my grandson kneeling in front of the baby Jesus. This picture will be the front of the card. On the inside I will write: "O Come Let us Adore Him." Now I just have to find a manger scene. (12/03/2008)

Christmas Card Ideas Using My Kids

I used this photo of my sons for my Christmas card last year. I used shaving cream on their faces and Santa hats. They are so skinny, so I had them try to stick out their bellies like Santa. (10/26/2009)

By freefaler

RE: Christmas Card Ideas Using My Kids