Christmas Card and Bow Window Decoration

Category Decorations
By cutting out circles from your old Christmas cards and gluing a bow to the plain side you can create these cute window decorations. This is a page about making Christmas card and bow window decorations.

I had a lot of bows left over from my wreath. And I had cards with no envelopes. So, I decided to make something both I and the neighbors could enjoy.

With some time and just 6 things, you too can make this. It's a great craft for the kids, too.

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 21

• 21 Christmas cards
  • 21 bows ($1.00)
  • scissors
  • hot glue gun
  • hole punch
  • 12 yd scrap yarn ($.25)

1. Find a template for the circles. I used a lid that best covered the largest and second largest bows.
  2. Draw around your template and cut the cards. If your card has an image you can best cover it with the right size. If the card won't work, consider skipping it.
  3. Advertisement

4. With your hot glue gun, put a swirl about 1/2" from the edges so the glue concentrates on the center of the bow. Press the bow down to the circle. Don't worry yet if the image is "upright" or not.
  5. Turn all the cards up and find the top center. Make a hole for the yarn. Cut your yarn 3' and insert the yarn into the holes, making a small square knot.
  6. When you are ready, hang them all the same length or stagger them like I did.
  7. Advertisement

8. Your work will gently "twirl" giving the people outside and you inside, the cards and the bows alternately. It's a fun project for the kids as long as you supervise the glue gun. N-JOY!!
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Christmas DecorationsJune 5, 2018
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Christmas-Card-and-Bow-Window-Decoration-1.html