Christmas Charities for Children

I am trying to get help for my children for Christmas. I didn't get signed up for anything and I have an 11, 10, 12, and 14 year old. There are 2 boys and 2 girls. This year was not a good year and we don't have any food to cook that day either. Is there any organization that can still help us?

You can try visiting this site, lots of options:

charity.lovetoknow.com/Charity_Christmas_Assistance

Good luck!

I think you are going to just have to make the rounds in person as most of the programs for Christmas have already closed up and dismantled. Also, most of the programs stop at age 12 for gifts but some do not list age.

You can Google help for Christmas with your zip code and see what comes up for your area.

You should just make a list of churches in your area as well as all non-profit thrift stores and visit as many as you can (phone calls rarely get good results). Be prepared to be turned down but someone will help you - just start with the Salvation Army and visit any food kitchens in your area.

Food kitchens will all have a Christmas dinner so be prepared for this as the food supply to carry home may already be gone.

You are not alone with this problem so do not feel bad that you have to ask, just be thankful for good health and blessings will follow.

It is kind of late. The school where I teach has guidance counselors and social workers who can help. I would check your childrens schools first.

Try your local food bank for everything. Hopefully it won't be too late and they will be able to point you in the right direction:

www.feedingamerica.org/find-your-local-foodbank

If there are large churches in your city or town, you may want to visit them and see if they can offer any solutions.

Prayers for your family that it all works out. Post back with an update.