Christmas Charities in Texas

Where can I find a list of people that are willing to help with Christmas gifts?

By Candy from Carrolloton, TX

Most of the charities have already given out the gifts. Who are you looking for gifts for? If it is your kids talk to your pastor. Maybe the church will have some money set aside for things like that. However, in these cases when a member of the congregation needs help, the church usually takes up a special offering and it is too late for that. If the gifts are for other family members you won't find help anyplace.

My recommendation would be to go to a dollar store and get each person one little memento. Kids don't need more than one present from their parents. I assume they have grandparents, aunts and uncles that will be sending gifts. When a person is hard up the thing to do is plan ahead.

I start shopping in January and have been done for almost two months. Everything is wrapped and under the tree, since Thanksgiving. When my kids were little they never got anything that they saw on TV and they have never had anything with a designer label on it. No kid needs that kind of stuff. When it comes to finding charities look in your phone book and start calling the different ones to see what kind of help they provide. Each area has different charities that provide different help.