Christmas Felt Wall Hanging
If you are looking for an easy to make festive holiday wall hanging, consider this pretty tree motif project. This is a guide about how to make a Christmas felt wall hanging.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Using only felt, buttons, and thread I hand sewed this Christmas wall hanging while watching TV at night!
Approximate Time: 1-2 hours
- 9x12 inch green felt
- holiday buttons
- red ribbon
- two 9x12 inch white felt
- white thread
- coloring book page
- fabric glue (optional)
- Find a coloring book page with the Christmas design of your choice (I used a tree) for your pattern. Cut out the design and pin to your felt. You can trace the pattern before cutting, but I just cut around the pattern.
- Pin tree to white felt. (I found the felt at Walmart for $.25 a sheet already cut).
- Stitch around tree.
- Choosing which buttons to use took the most time, as I got a bag of them from Michael's for $3.00. After choosing which you want to use to decorate your tree, sew them on.
- Cut two pieces of red ribbon, depending on how long you want the hanger to be and if you want to tie a bow. I cut mine approx. 24 inches each.
- Attach ribbon by sewing a button on the front of the hanging through the ribbon.
- Tie ribbon to desired hanging length and tie a bow.
- To hide my stitches, I glued another piece of felt to the back.
By Jenn from Vineland, NJ