Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips

Category Gift Wrapping
One of the most cherished traditions of Christmas is to beautifully wrap gifts for others admire under the tree. Save money while still making your gifts look fabulous with these frugal gift wrapping ideas. This is a guide about Christmas gift wrapping tips.

I love to buy wrapping paper at Costco. Their wrapping paper is super heavy and there is a ton of paper on each roll. The other neat part about their paper, is that it's double sided! This year I decided to wrap each person's presents with a specific wrapping paper.

Don't spend money on those fancy curly ribbon cascades. Make your own!

Lay a piece of wide Scotch tape on your work surface. Place the end of the curly ribbon on the tape at the edge, about halfway down. Cut the curly ribbon to the desired length.

Repeat until the tape is filled across. Fold the top down over the ends of the curly ribbon.

Curl with scissors. Voila! Your own curly ribbon cascade at a fraction of the cost!

Longer lengths of ribbon will yield a more "cascading" cascade and short lengths will yield a tighter, curlier adornment.

By Camilla from Atchison, KS

I started this at Christmas time to reduce garbage, expensive gift wrapping costs and environmental waste. I bought inexpensive holiday material (after Christmas they will be cheap) and simply sew it up along the sides and hem the top and it resembles various size "Santa's Sacks.

When I wrap presents, I don't use bows. For boys, I use a matchbox car, small ball, etc.; for girls I use hair accessories, pencils, etc.

I am delivering a present to someone who loves Diet Coke. I didn't want to wrap the gift, but wanted to add a keepsake. I put a pretty door decoration which has bells on the package.

Once the drinks are gone, each time the door rings from the decoration, I will be remembered!

I love to go to the dollar tree and browse the miniature decoration aisle during the holidays. These make fun and festive decorations to hang on gifts.

A nice and inexpensive way to personalize a gift, I think.

I wrap up cinnamon sticks with plaid ribbon and use it on gifts along with the bows as an "extra" gift. I also use the cinnamon sticks as Christmas ornaments.

Like most grandparents we always go overboard on gifts and want the packages to be spectacular and mainly recognizable.

Have you noticed how much packaging they put on kids toys these days? With all the tape, cardboard, twist ties, and plastic, it can take most of Christmas day just to get the toys out of the package and then you still have to put them together!

This is something my sister and I used to do as kids.

I have five grandchildren. Instead of buying one large gift, I buy several smaller ones. The children really enjoy getting to open so many gifts. I have 5 individual boxes with their names printed on them.

I read so often about wrapping gifts in comics from the Sunday paper, so I wrapped my grandson's gift in comics. It is really cute!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

For years now, I've been wrapping Christmas presents in a unique way. Each recipient gets his or her own paper! After wrapping, I write the name on the back of the gift with marker, then decorate the package with cutouts from old cards to match the recipient and write inspirational, humorous, or loving messages. Distributing packages on Christmas morning has never been easier, and everyone loves my decorations (some even keep them to use again!).

Source: My idea when gift tags kept falling off packages and we didn't know who they belonged to!

By Casey from Plano, TX

For Christmas, use the special holiday flyers to wrap up the presents!

They are quite colorful, and you can save trees.

By HelenaW from Beverly Hills, CA